COVID-19 Research Briefs: COVID-19 Vaccine Development and Distribution
Upon completion of this webinar, attendees will learn more about:
The different types of COVID-19 vaccines, how they work, and some of the current vaccines in development.
- Increasing vaccine confidence by understanding the integrity of vaccine development, the safety of vaccines, and how mRNA vaccines work.
- An equitable and ethical approach to vaccine distribution in phases 1b and 1c of vaccine allocation, including older adults, essential workers, and persons aged 16 to 64 with high-risk medical conditions.
- The rates of hospitalization and death due to COVID-19 in older adults
- Distribution of COVID-19 vaccines from manufacturers to distributors, to partner depots, to administration sites.
- The phase-based approach to COVID-19 vaccination and the vaccine availability and administration strategies of each phase.
- Tyler B. Evans, MD, MS, MPH, AAHIVS, DTM&H, FIDSAAssociate Professor of GerontologyDepartment of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern CaliforniaClinical Assistant ProfessorDepartment of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco (UCSF)Deputy Public Health Officer; Chief, COVID-19 Immunization Branch, Marin County Health and Human Services Agency