COVID-19 Research Briefs: Updates on COVID-19 Treatments in Critical Illness
The benefit of COVID-19 therapies is dependent upon the stage/severity of the illness. This lecture, COVID-19 Treatments in Critical Illness, addresses what health care providers need to know about treating severe COVID-19 by utilizing both therapeutic and non-therapeutic treatments.
Upon completion of this webinar, attendees will learn more about:
- Defining severity of COVID-19 based on the NIH guidelines spectrum.
- The phases of COVID-19, including peak infectivity and the inflammatory phase.
- Predicted and demonstrated benefits of different COVID-19 therapies in relation to the severity of illness and course over time.
- The non-therapeutic treatment measures that are key to supportive management, particularly in critically ill patients.
- Therapeutic management of COVID-19, including the use of Remdesevir, steroids, and tocilizumab.
- The effect of COVID-19 on coagulation and the ongoing studies surrounding anticoagulation and coronavirus, including REMAP-CAP, ACTIV-4, and ATTACC.
- Vikram Mukherjee MD, FRCPAssistant Professor NYU School of MedicineDirector, Bellevue Medical ICU